⏪ underride.net time machine · this is the band forum as it looked in 2003–2006 · some things (forms, logins, counters) no longer work · other years · back to today

« All Things Underride

Underride Update

pndscm
2006-09-26 13:54
Alright rockers, it's time for the once yearly Underride Update hosted by Pondscum...

First off the good news is that the EP is finally off to duplication! It's taken way longer than we thought, but what the hell, life is a struggle, so why not make rock and roll even MORE of a struggle? The title is INSANITYLAND and it's 5 songs of freshly (and not so freshly) recorded UNDERRIDE in this order:

Telephone
Fremont Street
Violate Night
Save Me From Myself
Issues


We hope you all dig it when you get to listen to the real thing!

In the shitty news of the day dept. Rock St. Eddie left the band and the state to head out for sunnier climes. It's a total bitch and we'll miss him, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

In the not so shitty news of the day dept. we found a quick (and amazingly quick) replacement in JESSE SMITH aka Jesse James aka JJ who filled in for the WSU show with us and is carrying on as principal stick-buster for Underide. Thanks for all the work Jesse!

In the kickass rock show dept. I have to tell all of you to mark OCTOBER 13 on your calendar as we'll be at the Central with the new disc for sale and a KILLER lineup including Vancouver's rock and roll champs CRYSTAL PISTOL who you have to hear to believe. Go on... check it! www.crystalpistol.com Also on the bill is THE BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS who apparently can overwhelm to the power three and our pals LOVE ON THE ROCKS. BE THERE!

OK, that's the current rock report.. I'm heading out to Cabo on Thursday to spend the weekend with Rev and his band of kooks, so please pray for me. We'll be back in the Rat Cellar next week preparing the rock just like mama made.

Keep climbing rock mountain,

Pondscum
Chetou812
2006-09-26 15:06
Ah, now that wasn't so damn hard now was it? Where is that damn EASY button when I need it...

CUNCABO!

Well almost, we don't leave until October 8th, but alas we don't come back until the 23rd!

Later gator -
T-rev
indie jenn
2006-09-27 22:08
ok fine....i'll be the first to say it....that fucking sucks. i loved mike. well actually it was his wife i really loved, but i liked mike a lot too.

as we've discussed i'm not good at change, BUT....

oct 13th we'll come out and i'll do my squinty eye at the new guy while giving him a once over. i've already heard the hype so hopefully he lives up to it.
adremelech
2006-10-03 16:50
WTF??!?! I turn my back for one minute, and when I come back I find that Rock has left the band? That's too bad because he is a very solid drummer and a great showman. The new guy has some big shoes to fill, but I am looking forward to seeing him in action!
underride_angel
2006-10-03 17:35
Mike's shoes may be big ones to fill but Jesse is an amazing drummer and a perfect match for Underride. Cant wait until the next show!!
pndscm
2006-10-04 08:34
quote:
Originally posted by underride_angel

Mike's shoes may be big ones to fill but Jesse is an amazing drummer and a perfect match for Underride. Cant wait until the next show!!



Glad to see you made it back from Cabo Brandy! That was a good weekend, but it's too bad about Gary and his kidney, huh? I hope he's OK!

Now how many times did you have "Brandy, you're a fine girl" sung to you during the trip?
MetalGoddess
2006-10-04 13:32
We're stoked about seeing the new guy too! I agree with ya, Indie Jenn, it's sometimes tough to deal with change. I felt the same way about T-Bone leaving, but I truly love Bart!!! Last show Ron and I went to, Bart gave me a high five and totally made my night!!

Underride is a first class band, so I know that Jesse kicks ass and will fit in perfectly. We stopped by the Rat Cellar one night after Gary's party, so I've actually seen Jesse's drums before I've seen Jesse! That's kinda funny!

Gary was doing better on Monday, Dr. Pondscum. We had breakfast with him before we left Cabo on Monday. Hehe. I wish we were on the same flight as you, Brandy! We had a 3-hour delay at the Cabo airport and proceeded to drink EVEN MORE TEQUILA and Corona before we left in the 100 degree heat. Needless to say, I ended up calling in sick yesterday. [:D]

We'll see you all on Friday the 13th!!! \m/