« All Things Underride
Mt Vernon Show
murphygert
2006-06-12 18:54
Hey guys, is the Mt. Vernon show going to be all ages? I'm pretty sure Jessica told me that on Saturday (rockin' fuckin' show, by-the-way and LOVED the encore!), but I need confirmation so I can let the young peeps know!
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-06-13 08:13
quote:
Originally posted by murphygert
Hey guys, is the Mt. Vernon show going to be all ages? I'm pretty sure Jessica told me that on Saturday (rockin' fuckin' show, by-the-way and LOVED the encore!), but I need confirmation so I can let the young peeps know!
YES! The Mt. Vernon show IS ALL-AGES! Since it is all-ages it will be starting earlier as well. I believe the first of 4 bands will go on around 7:30 or 8pm. I'll post the confirmed specifics when I get them. Should be a fun show!indie jenn
2006-06-13 10:21
A) I hope you know I am having to miss my favorite indie band because of this show. My dedication to the kid and all since he can finally see you guys play again and quit buggin me about it.
aaaand
B) I am so old. I was totally hoping the show would start at like 5 or so. :)
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-06-13 16:12
quote:
Originally posted by indie jenn
A) I hope you know I am having to miss my favorite indie band because of this show. My dedication to the kid and all since he can finally see you guys play again and quit buggin me about it.
aaaand
B) I am so old. I was totally hoping the show would start at like 5 or so. :)
Indie Shmindie! You'd better be there, you and your 2 kids!!!!indie jenn
2006-06-16 09:13
well if i must....
steve wants to know who the other kid is. :p
and to add insult to injury not only will i miss my favorite indie band but a really great comedian is gonna be here too. what the hell?!?!?
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-06-16 11:04
Dear Indie ---
Please don't fret about being out of Seattle on July 22nd for the following reasons:
*UNDERRIDE is an "indie" band if we are working under the definition of unsigned and independant. Therefore; UNDERRIDE is your favorite indie band (damnit!)
*inebraited REV is our in-house comedian....won't he tickle your funny bone with "rusty trombone" and "feeding tuna to mayo"?
Please don't make me sic Pondscum and he's knowledge of 80's music on you. You're goin' to Mt. Vernon and you're gonna LIKE IT!
[}:)]
XO
Mitts
pndscm
2006-06-16 11:42
BOB SEGER AND THE BULLET BOYS!
indie jenn
2006-06-19 10:17
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Spanky Mittens
Dear Indie ---
Please don't fret about being out of Seattle on July 22nd for the following reasons:
*UNDERRIDE is an "indie" band if we are working under the definition of unsigned and independant. Therefore; UNDERRIDE is your favorite indie band (damnit!)
*inebraited REV is our in-house comedian....won't he tickle your funny bone with "rusty trombone" and "feeding tuna to mayo"?
Please don't make me sic Pondscum and he's knowledge of 80's music on you. You're goin' to Mt. Vernon and you're gonna LIKE IT!
[}:)]
XO
Mitts
wow...that is a very impressive arguement there. how could i say no to that?!?!?
also....i've already found a bunch of places for us to check out before the show. apparently there is a family restaurant you can go to where they have a mechanical bull!
sparky
2006-07-07 17:52
Hey everyone! Just wondering if there is any more info on the mt vernon show? Like maybe exactly where and when? Thanks!!![8D]
MetalGoddess
2006-07-08 17:14
quote:
Originally posted by sparky
Hey everyone! Just wondering if there is any more info on the mt vernon show? Like maybe exactly where and when? Thanks!!![8D]
Agreed! I Googled Riverside in Mt. Vernon WA and got a bowling alley!
Hmmmmm......Underride, bringing the big balls back to rock!!!
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-07-10 10:05
THE GOODS
RIVERSIDE BILLIARDS and BLUES
1022 Riverside Dr.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
We are headlining the event, however, we are going on 2nd to last. I think that we'll be on around 10pm....I'll find out and post when I get that time for sure.
Doors @ 6pm / $8 / ALL-AGES
line-up:
MALARKEY www.myspace.com/malarkey
EMPYREAL www.myspace.com/empyrealmusic
ESITU www.esitu.com
UNDERRIDE
TREDD www.treddtheband.com
sparky
2006-07-11 10:09
THANKS!!!! Miss Spanky I know just where it is...
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-07-11 15:58
No prob!!! I'll post more as i get it!
XO
MetalGoddess
2006-07-12 15:50
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Spanky Mittens
RIVERSIDE BILLIARDS
Well, I was close. Still bringing the balls back to hard rock!!! [8D]
adremelech
2006-07-15 12:28
I'll be there, and I'm bringing two carloads of friends with me...
Peace out Mutha-biz-NITCHES!
MetalGoddess
2006-07-15 15:37
Where's everybody staying? We got a suite at the Best Western on College, with a refrigerator we plan to pack with ALCOHOL!!!
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-07-18 08:25
Hahaha! That sounds rad! However, I don't believe any of the UNDERRIDE crew will be staying in Mt. Vernon. I have them on a strict regiment of drinking and driving. Kidding! Seriously though, we're all headin' home after UNDERRIDE single-handedly shifts the youth of Mt. Vernon into potty mouthed street vermin.
MetalGoddess
2006-07-18 12:50
I can only talk Ron into going to the out of town shows if we get a hotel with a pool. It's all good....make sure they all get home safely! Although, I may end up taking my girlyfriend Kelly with me to the show in Tacoma and just stay at her house in Auburn. :oP
MetalGoddess
2006-07-20 17:14
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Spanky Mittens
Hahaha! That sounds rad! However, I don't believe any of the UNDERRIDE crew will be staying in Mt. Vernon. I have them on a strict regiment of drinking and driving. Kidding! Seriously though, we're all headin' home after UNDERRIDE single-handedly shifts the youth of Mt. Vernon into potty mouthed street vermin.
We changed our mind on staying in Mt. Vernon. Since it's all ages, it will end fairly early. Besides, we just left the doggy for a week to go on vacation so we want to get home to him. :o)
skankdrummer
2006-07-21 01:59
Have a great show guys. ill be back from rehab soon lol : )
adremelech
2006-07-21 23:09
I'll be there, and I have suckered 8 people into coming down there with me (I'm trying to round up some more for you guys). My 9 year old daughter will be there too, so this will be a coca-cola drinking night for me. :-)
adremelech
2006-07-23 23:35
Well, you guys ought to know by now how I feel about your band, so I don't think I need to keep saying that you impress the shit out of me every show. Aw fuck it... Great show last night!
And... Props to Rock for thwarting a serious act of douchebaggery and demanding that Underride keep the slot that they were promised. It was too hot and miserable up there to have to sit through another mediocre set before the REAL band went on.
I'll see you buttrockers in Seattle next month!
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-07-24 08:00
THANKS to EVERYONE who came out in hardcore form this weekend. There were peeps representing from Portland all the way to Canadia (but the Canadians left early since Mikey muscled them off the stage...YAY for MIKEY!)
LASTLY I want to thank the band for putting on an exceptionally kick ass show despite all the retardation that led up to the second they hit the stage.
THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!
XO
indie jenn
2006-07-24 11:58
quote:
Originally posted by adremelech
It was too hot and miserable up there to have to sit through another mediocre set before the REAL band went on.
And that's why we didn't come. That afternoon I was seriously considering it but then I decided that it was too damn hot to do anything and the last thing I wanted to do was be around hot sweaty stinky people and be miserable. Instead, Connor and I played Monopoly for 3 hours. I won!
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-07-24 12:03
INDIE you were missed fer sure...BUT I'm glad you stayed home to beat your son in a board game instead. :)
Miss Spanky Mittens
2006-07-24 12:56
PICS FROM THE MT. VERNON EXPERIENCE... THE VISION IS ROCK
PHOTOS BY TOKYO SLIM aka NINJA JAMES
[image: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/UNDERRIDE/Revcrowd.jpg]
[image: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/UNDERRIDE/Rev.jpg]
DANGEROUS DAVE and REV, BFF
[image: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/UNDERRIDE/DangerousDaveandRev.jpg]
[image: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/UNDERRIDE/Bart.jpg]
indie jenn
2006-07-24 14:30
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Spanky Mittens
INDIE you were missed fer sure...BUT I'm glad you stayed home to beat your son in a board game instead. :)
yea, i'm vicious. i killed an 8 year old at Monopoly. pppfffftt...
my, those are some awfully big KIDS in the front row there. ;)
MetalGoddess
2006-07-24 15:10
It was so cool to bring the kids with me to an Underride show!!! It's been a couple years. They were so jazzed and had a great time! In spite of everything that went on, Underride put on a killer show (at least until the jackass unplugged the sound at the end).
That venue is kinda cool, but NOT for a summer show. It was hotter than hell in there.
adremelech
2006-07-24 15:11
Who was that obnoxious drunk dude (The one with his arms up in that first pic)? I am amazed that you guys didn't cockpunch him.
I had a ridiculously drunk guy jump on stage once and his foot snagged one of my MIDI cables. As he was kneeling down to untangle his foot (and rendering my synth rig useless for the remainder of the song), I put my foot on his shoulder and kicked him off the stage. The hilarity that ensued was priceless. I ended up getting scolded by the venue management after the gig though. Stupid customer's rights...
pndscm
2006-07-24 15:13
quote:
Originally posted by adremelech
Who was that obnoxious drunk dude (The one with his arms up in that first pic)? I am amazed that you guys didn't cockpunch him.
I had a guy jump on stage once and his foot snagged one of my MIDI cables. As he was kneeling down to untangle his foot (and rendering my synth rig useless for the remainder of the song), I put my foot on his shoulder and kicked him off the stage. It was priceless. I ended up getting scolded by the venue management after the gig though. Stupid customer's rights...
That was Dangerous Dave... He introduced himself to us for a couple hours in the green room.... Truly... Dangerous...
Chetou812
2006-07-25 09:20
Hmm, Dangerous, eh? Ya, I bet. That second photo is killer by the way...