indie jenn
2006-02-07 11:58
after 2 days in a row of people talking about them around me i finally heard a song. turns out i have heard that one before (bat country). it's ok i guess. so what's the big deal? why is everybody talking about them?
underride_angel
2006-02-07 17:53
I think they are funny......they cant seem to figure out what genre of music they are. You should hear the song "Burn It Down". Its the one song I really like by them. The rest are just amusing
indie jenn
2006-02-08 08:47
quote:
Originally posted by pndscm
Are they fowl?
yep, totally turkey. :p
indie jenn
2006-02-08 08:48
quote:
Originally posted by underride_angel
I think they are funny......they cant seem to figure out what genre of music they are. You should hear the song "Burn It Down". Its the one song I really like by them. The rest are just amusing
and now i understand the darkness reference i heard....
chi chi rock
2006-02-08 09:41
OK, I decided to drop in and when I saw the name of the absolutely worst band in the world I had to respond....In a fit of madness I allowed my remote to remain on MTV2 for more than 3 minutes while I was brutalized by the god awful sideshow that is Avenged Sevenfold!!! It was a live performance and not only are they truly shitty live but what is with the whole image thing? Did their parents take them to Hot Topic at the mall for their tats? Did they lose a bet with Good Charlotte? It's pretty indicative how bad they are live when they have 5 albums out and not a live one to be had!
skankdrummer
2006-02-08 22:43
There Good Musicians for sure. But dont fit in with Guns N Roses or Underride. They sound more like Iron Maiden,Blink 182 amd Judas Preist. I do like a few songs of the City of Evil album though. .
Oh and Chi Chi Rock is right they are the poster band for Hot Topic lol!
Chetou812
2006-02-09 06:27
"...They sound more like Iron Maiden,Blink 182 amd Judas Preist..."
Now that is one interesting combination, not gonna get me to listen, but interesting none the less. I can see it now a three man band, all dressed in tight spandex with the lead singer wearing spiked arm bands and one of those little leather biker hats...
skankdrummer
2006-02-09 07:44
quote:
Originally posted by Chetou812
"...They sound more like Iron Maiden,Blink 182 amd Judas Preist..."
Now that is one interesting combination, not gonna get me to listen, but interesting none the less. I can see it now a three man band, all dressed in tight spandex with the lead singer wearing spiked arm bands and one of those little leather biker hats...
Thats what i thought the first time i heard a tune of theres in phoenix last year sometime and im goin damm this sounds like a newer maiden.malmsteen preist type of band. but after downloading a cuple of live tracks from the taste of chaos tour. there pretty bad live.
I just finished watchin Sammy Hagar and the Waboritas in Cabo . Sammy kics ass!
S
Chetou812
2006-02-09 13:26
Now you're talkin may kinda language...
[image: http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1682/hagarfordgt2md.jpg]
MetalGoddess
2006-02-13 15:38
I like Avenged Sevenfold. Watched a live concert on Comcast On Demand and they kicked ass. It's refreshing to see younger bands actually play guitar leads....they are an inspiration to the younger generation. My kids love them.
rev
2006-02-15 16:30
I bought that wank-fest and gave it so some poor bastard after two spins. I'm such a sucker for anything that smells like rock. This record smelled more like my ass!
indie jenn
2006-02-16 09:30
yea, i always get hopeful too and then i'm almost always let down.