⏪ underride.net time machine · this is the band forum as it looked in 2003–2006 · some things (forms, logins, counters) no longer work · other years · back to today

« All Things Underride

Cover song request

indie jenn
2004-09-06 21:53
Today in the car we heard Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. Steven said "I would like to hear a band like Underride cover this song". After listening to the song and thinking we could totally hear this happening I said I would arrange a meeting so as to make an appointment for a meeting to maybe think about having a meeting about this idea. Then realized I could just tell you this story here and you could do w/it whatever you wanted. [:D]
pndscm
2004-09-07 11:18
I kind of like the Caddyshack theme better....
indie jenn
2004-09-07 13:54
that is a great song
pndscm
2004-09-07 14:43
And Tony wants to do the breakdown....
Bones Sikkiwun
2004-09-08 08:02
Hopefully I am not having a blonde moment but, could you guys play Piece of Your Action, instead of GNR?
For the Sept. 11th show.
Thanks guys!!!
pndscm
2004-09-08 08:59
GNR? eh?
indie jenn
2004-09-08 09:11
i'm a little lost too....what is he talking about?
rev
2004-09-08 09:47
I wanna do "They're Out to Get Me!"
indie jenn
2004-09-08 10:22
can you make a sound like axle does in that song? his screaming in that song is like...whoa...up there.
my favorite is "it's so easy" but i have already seen one of my favorite indie bands do it and no one can top that. NO ONE! NOT...EVEN...YOU! [:D]
rev
2004-09-08 12:31
Sure I can!
Bones Sikkiwun
2004-09-08 14:36
quote:
Originally posted by pndscm

GNR? eh?



Sorry bro, working too hard here.
Derek
2004-09-08 18:36
quote:
Originally posted by rev

I wanna do "They're Out to Get Me!"



let me know what show, i wanna be there for that[8D]
sparky
2004-09-08 21:21
If this is a request for cover songs I wanna here Stranglehold!! By the motor city madman!!![8D]
indie jenn
2004-09-08 23:07
personally i'd really like to hear the thin lizzy cover again. that was great!
rev
2004-09-09 14:24
Bones... you were thinking of Nice Boys. G-n-R covered it and that's how most folks know it, including myself. Then Pondscum gave me the original by Rose Tattoo and I was sold! Hard to believe but true.

Bones Sikkiwun
2004-09-10 08:46
quote:
Originally posted by rev

Bones... you were thinking of Nice Boys. G-n-R covered it and that's how most folks know it, including myself. Then Pondscum gave me the original by Rose Tattoo and I was sold! Hard to believe but true.




You're right Rev. I was also thinking too much Motley earlier too w/Piece of Your Action....LOL

Anyhoo, can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!!!!
xoutlaw
2004-09-10 11:24
Ahhh, It's the final countdown.
No not as a cover, but to the "birthday party".
Not only is it going to be a kick ass show but a kick ass party.
Spot
2004-09-30 09:55
I think yall should try and pull off She's Got the Look by Roxette or New Girl Now by Honeymoon Suite. Think the Rev could nail 'em both :)
pndscm
2004-09-30 09:59
I am so all over the Honeymoon Suite... What a grand idea...
Spot
2004-09-30 14:28
A.A.G(Bend) E-E-E-E A.A.G(Bend) E-E-E-E lol
sonic death monkey
2004-10-01 12:33
quote:
Originally posted by Spot

A.A.G(Bend) E-E-E-E A.A.G(Bend) E-E-E-E lol


I've been reviewing my "Ernie Ball How to Play Guitar" notebook, and I cant seem to find any tablature explanaiton for "lol". Is that some kinda Eddie VanHalen thing?
Spot
2004-10-05 09:26
I don't really know. I looked it up in my Learn to Play With Mel Bay book but couldn't find it either.
pndscm
2004-10-05 12:04
Strange... That Mel guy usually has all the answers..